How many weapons do you have in your arsenal? To be a complete scorer you need to have many.
I see most players practice their catch and shoot. This is good, but what if that shot is working for you today, do you have other weapons to help you and your team.
Coaches love the extra pass to get the ball to the player for the clean uncontested catch and shoot, how many times will that happen for you in a game.
If you are the designated sharp shooter, and that’s the only weapon you have, most good coaches will shade their help defence towards you, to take that weapon away.
More importantly are you shooting at game speed when you practice? Are you charting your progress? Are you timing yourself?
In order to be a completed scorer you need to have the following weapons.
1. Shoot with left hand off of right foot
2. Shoot with left hand off of left foot.
3. Shoot with right hand off of left foot
4. Shoot with right hand off of right foot
5. Catch and shoot
6. Shoot off the dribble (ability to create 3D space)
7. Shoot when you have lost your dribble.
8. Shoot in the Post